Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life is not fair.

It's all a matter of luck, chance and opportunity.

Many a times, I keep wondering and telling myself that it's not fair how life is not fair. 'Life has to be fair. It just has to.', I keep thinking. But in reality, it's not.

A person who deserves better may not be reaping what he deserves. A person who studies thrice as more and works harder than another may not be securing a higher GPA. A person who studied at Stanford may not be a CEO but a person who got into a local not-so-highly ranked college may be one. A person born to a maid and a person born to a rich family would have totally different lives ; it's not fair how one is born to the latter and the other to the rich.

My dad keeps telling me, 'Out of the million good things that happen to you, don't focus on that one thing you didn't reap from your hard work. Appreciate what you have and learn to deal with the rest and fix it later on'.

I studied hard the whole year, but if I'm going to not do that great this semester, all the hard work I put in together dies. That's what happened this year. I kept thinking about it and then I try to realize that, 'it's not really in the score sheet. Looking at 6 A+'s is a great feeling, but what matters more is how much you've developed throughout the year'. That thought is always in my head, but I don't really correspond to it. Meaning, I still keep thinking very negatively. But I do understand the fact.

Like Gates said, 'Life isn't fair. Get used to it.' I've just gotta get used to it.

Besides, like I've mentioned before, a million good things have happened to me. Be it, the fun times I've had throughout the years, getting real cool birthday presents, getting good scores this year, making people smile, winning things...everything. I need to learn to stop being pessimistic and just enjoy the crazy ride of life.

I'm grateful for where I am right now. For where I stand. For my friends and family. For the support I have. For what God's given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment